Tuesday, January 24, 2017

SKINCARE *UPDATED*


Hey guys!

I’ve been AWOL for awhile again. It’s kinda my thing. I get busy and forget things. And one thing I’ve forgotten about is my blog. Last year I said I was gonna work on posting more but I did not. So much has happened in the last year. I’ve had 7 jobs in the last year, I moved in with my fiancée, and I’ve started studying to become a personal trainer. Beauty has pretty much taken the back burner in my life right now. Working at Ulta in the fall made me realize how much I miss it but I don’t have the time or funds to spend on finding new products. Plus, not having my desk here makes it hard to even sit down and do my makeup. I’ll always really enjoy makeup but it’s out of my life for right now. But with makeup out of the picture I have focused more on my skin. So enough with me rambling about my life, here is my updated skincare routine.



Skincare 2k17

I usually just stick to the drugstore when it came to skincare. High end skin care adds up fast. But little ol me wanted her skin to be great for once. And luckily, they started carrying this line at ulta. CLINIQUE. When I used to think of Clinique I thought old lady skin. But it works well with my 20-year-old skin. I originally bought just a mini of the moisturizer for 5 bucks. I went through that and was like well let’s buy the travel trio. I bought that in the beginning of December and I am still using it. In the trio, you get: Liquid facial soap mild, clarifying lotion 2, and dramatically different moisturizer +. The facial soap is 1.7 fL. Oz, the clarifying lotion is 3.4 fL. Oz, and the moisturizer is 1 fL. Oz. I Personally am not the biggest fan of the soap. Since it is a travel size I just bring it with me when I travel instead of bringing my regular soap which we will get to soon. The Clarifying lotion I use as a toner. Some people have told me that it is an exfoliant? I haven’t done research on that but I doubt it is true. I just apply that to my face with   round and then apply the Dramatically different moisturizer on my face and neck. I do not use a typical face wash. I use the Shea Moisture Black African Soap. The only downside is it comes in a bar. A BIG THICK BAR. I can’t even shut my soap box still and it’s been almost 2 months.  So, my daily skincare routine is simple now a days. I don’t like applying too many products and clogging up my pores.



Now on to MASKS. My favorite. Everyone recommends the freeman masks, which are awesome don’t get me wrong, but I wanted to try something new. While I was working at Ulta, Mario Badescu came out with this 3-mask kit for Christmas called the Multi-Masker. For $12 you get 3 1 oz. containers. IT includes the Super Collagen mask, the Whitening mask, and the Flower & Tonic mask. When you take them out of the package, each container has a little box on it saying what types of skin types they are for. 

Whitening Mask = ALL TYPES

Super Collagen Mask = COMBINATION< DRY< AND SENSITIVE

Flower & Tonic Mask = Combination, OILY, AND SENSITVE

My skin type is combination but when it is Dry it is dry. They all have worked well for me. I suggest exfoliating after using the whitening mask. IT makes my skin feel like there’s a layer of dead skin on top but after I exfoliate it feels so much better.



So yeah that’s my skin routine now. Keep it simple.

Until next time….xoxo




No comments

Post a Comment